Elmwood’s community inclusion programming would not be possible without our dedicated volunteers!
Volunteers enhance the quality of life of the individuals we support by assisting, planning and delivering programs. In return, the volunteer has
Elmwood seeks volunteers on a regular basis. If you are interested, click the Volunteer Now button!
Elmwood offers a variety of volunteer opportunities including, but not limited to:
- One-on-One Volunteer
Develop a meaningful relationship with a resident on a one-on-one basis by
volunteering to be matched with a resident. Together you may have coffee, play a
game or attend an event together.
- Day Program
Volunteer during daytime hours to help individuals with a variety of activities ranging
- Community Inclusion Programs
Volunteer to support recreational programs at Elmwood during evenings and weekends
for both in-house programs and activities in the community.
- Develop Your Own Program
Have an idea? We’d love to hear it!
If you are interested in developing your own program, let us know! Previous examples of volunteer developed programs include reading groups, church programs, craft programs
- Day Care or School Programs
Interested in Volunteering?
- Contact Elmwood’s Community Inclusion Department to access our Volunteer Application Form and Media Release Form.
- Volunteers are required to fill out a Volunteer Application Form and Media Release Form.
- Volunteers are also required to complete and submit a clear criminal record check with
vulnerable sector clearance prior to volunteering.
To become a volunteer, please complete the registration form.